 |
| He settled for puzzle time |
Mark has weekly guys nights on Monday and a couple long runs a week in which he is kid free. We both have an understanding that as much as we love each other and as much as we love our munchkins we
need alone time. This of course is something that we make possible with our current schedule and would definitely be willing to pay an arm and a leg for if we didn't have the time to cover for each other. Getting away, even just to sip coffee and stare at photos of my children on my phone, is so good for this mama's health. This morning before I left I told Owen that I was off to mama time to which he said, " I want mama time!" (It's amazing how low he can furrow those brows.) When he saw that I was still headed out he said, "I want a hug and a kiss." I love this guy and his antics. There are two things that we do our best to firmly protect, weekly date nights and alone time.

So for this alone time I am sitting at a coffee shop at a table next to an older man who delightfully sounds exactly like Ray Romano. I am using this time to organize the mountain of photos I have dumped into my computer over the past few years and to write this blog post. I am a strange photographer. I typically take 100 shots of the same scene, promising myself that I will only keep a few, and then I struggle to delete even the blurriest of photos of my kids. Today I have decided to be ruthlessly harsh to those blurry photos. They are beyond saving. My computer has been so patient with me. My plan is to organize them and finally print them. We are so behind, our wedding photos are still sitting in here waiting to be printed. I'm going to organize and try to finish our wedding album and baby albums for the kids by our 5th anniversary! Look out December 19th! Mama time isn't always this productive or drastic sounding but I think it's good to be ruthless for the 31 day challenge.

I'll also be planning out a couple future entries thanks to my handy dandy
workflowy. My cousin Jessie showed me this and I've used it as a place for my virtual to-do lists.
One thing I need brainstorming power on is the fact that I have BOXES and BOXES of shirt tops. I'm not kidding when I say that I think I have over 1,000 shirt tops. I honestly don't think the 80's belly shirt is coming back anytime soon. I've thought about cutting and selling squares or rectangles of fabric on etsy to people who could make something or quilt with them. I could easily make 100,000 headbands... I've just been filling so many yarn orders that I haven't figured out what to do with the excess and it would kill me to throw any of it away.
Hoarders is coming for me. What can I do? I have googled and googled ideas for or ways to sell jersey knit scraps. Anyways, this will hopefully be resolved in this blog series.
 |
| Please help! |
No comments:
Post a Comment