Thursday, October 9, 2014

31 Days: Taking back the home - Day 8&9 Birthday traditions

Yesterday I was busy running errands and purchasing Mark's birthday gifts. I had to renew my driver's license and take a new photo. I was not excited about the DMV but I have to say it was the most pleasant DMV experience of my entire life. Everyone was friendly and I was in and out in 15 minutes. It was weird. Anyways, I recovered and then I set out to purchase all of Mark's gifts. I am not a great gift giver, I got the lame gift-giving genes, but I paid super close attention. Mark has been obsessed with America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Illustrated for a little while now so I bought him The Science of Good Cooking, an apron, and a larger cast iron skillet to go with his smaller set. He loved his gifts and excitedly stated that the skillet "could last longer than our children!" The other two in his set are from his great-grandma.  Today we did our usual tradition such as the sandwich spot and Gunther's Ice Cream. Here are the photos of our day!

claiming a chair at the Sandwich Spot



Practicing running



"This is Owen's seat"




Getting repeatedly kissed by Daddy


The smooching helped Owen nab the stroller

Gunther's ice cream in Sacramento has been there a LONG time. 

Sweet things happening in line.

They were both laughing

Dancing on diamonds

Where's my ice cream?



Ice cream monster

No wait, he's a really chill guy

He's growing too fast

Ice cream sundae for the birthday boy and a scoop of coffee dipped in chocolate for me

We filled a plain cone with goodies for O

It's good!

Love this guy

I had to capture the ice cream lips


We obeyed after reading. It was so tiny!


She just had a plain cone, shhh don't tell her

He's trying to escape

I love that the interior/menus looks like they probably haven't changed much over the years
 Mark taught his usual lessons in the afternoon and the kids and I went for a walk after bath and dinner. It was a fun day for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment