Saturday, October 11, 2014

31 Days: Taking Back the Home - Days 10 & 11 Prepping for Baby 3

Today I took it easy, which I'm trying to do more often since I am growing a human and keeping two others fed and entertained. A friend sent me this video of Jennifer Garner and she has become my new favorite, my friend and Jennifer Garner. 

My Friday was pretty productive but slow going. I have been holding onto bags of girl clothes. Poor O, do you see that one box with a blue post-it on it? That's the 3T's I've been saving for him that people have graciously given. Then Lyla has like 4 boxes and then there's bags and bags of older clothes and some hand-me-downs. Some were sitting in the kids closet and some were in the garage while I was dealing with baby 3's first trimester. Then 15 weeks came and went and so here I am almost 18 weeks pregnant and I let the nesting instinct take hold. I had it all finished and organized in tubs Friday night but I forgot to take an after shot. I took a photo today after baby girl's nap. I also had to snag a few photos of her cute "I just woke up face". It's those big brown eyes.
The work I had to get through..


 I can't get over this cute girl. She has been showing so much more personality lately and has even been saying "Da!" and waving to us. She's definitely a daddy's girl and will give Mark at least 6 kisses a day while I have to steal mine. She's also figuring out how to almost stand, so the first 30 minutes of nap time are spent trying to figure out how to escape. Then she snoozes for an hour and a half and wakes up happily laughing. By the way, she is wearing an old shirt of mine here, circa 1989.
Here are the after shots of the clothing organization. Notice that there are two different color 0-6 month tubs and one 0-6 gender neutral tub. We find out on Halloween if we're having a boy or girl! That was the saddest part of organizing these clothes. I might never see some of these boy or girl onesies on one of our kids again. I know, dramatic but the baby stage goes by too quick and holding a 0-3 month onesie with Owen's name on it makes me tear up. It's not just the hormones, I promise.

 I have a lot of nursery projects to do and one of them is to rearrange the room. I am moving this bookshelf either into the closet or across the room. I have to brag a little bit here. Mark found a dresser sitting on a street in Davis with a "FREE" sign on it. He took it home, cut it up, and painted it white. I absolutely love how crafty he is. Stay tuned for more room design/organization to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment