Saturday, October 25, 2014

31 Days: Shop updating and journaling

Coming up with a design and then forming it into an actual pattern takes A LOT of time. That's probably why I sat on a huge pile of fabric for months, 4 long months to be exact. Today I pulled out my sewing book to write down all my pattern notes. I got this journal from my Aunt Jody, and I love it, especially because it has been so handy with crafting. I actually took an online class to get me started on sewing two years ago and I kept notes in this journal. I was so afraid of my machine. Now when it beeps at me I don't run away, instead I try to fix it. I felt really encouraged when I opened this up and looked at all my notes about tucks and darts. I distinctly loved learning that the "feed dogs" were the things that actually pulled the fabric through the machine. I have no idea who came up with that name but no one else seems to question it. 


I got really creative with my title page


                             

                       
I loved adding my new design to the book after using up lots of computer paper to brainstorm and cross things out. It was so comforting to look back and see how much I've learned. Especially because I felt frustrated that it took me so long to perfect the headband design. My favorite part of this sewing book is that I stuck a mini photo of Mark and I from our extra wedding invitations. It seems to fit perfectly in the front of this journal. Oh to be 20 again. 

It was hard photographing all 24 headband color options, I can't imagine what chair I'll have to stand on when I add 3 or 4 more colors. I really want a cream and a lilac for the shop. I think it will be a popular addition for the yarn section too.

 I don't get to see that back of my head very often so the next picture was exciting. It's ridiculous.

Full productive day and now I'm off to bed. 

Check out THE STORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment