Sunday, July 28, 2013

Back East!

We had such a wonderful trip back visiting family. It was so special to have lots of family members all in one place and we missed those that were unable to make it. Mark and I were so blessed. Owen too, in fact he was such a champion on the plane I could hardly believe it. I guess some moms, like myself, worry that their kid will pull a fast one on them when they hope that they won't. Having Uncle Josh on the flight with us definitely helped. 
Looking cool in Uncle Josh's shades
Owen made quite a few passengers laugh with his exuberant noises of greeting

I sadly left my camera at my grandpas during some of the most fun activities, like our time at Lewes Beach. Owen loved the water. I loved getting quality time with my aunts and cousins on our girls night. My Aunt Charlene and I got to do a little shopping in the quaint downtown area of Lewes. After all our fun during the week my Aunt Jung Ah asked me if I'd like to go on a date night with Mark. Now this Aunt has three little ones of her own so I quickly told her that I would love to babysit for her and my Uncle Tim. Little did I know that my family was trying to get me out of the house to plan a surprise baby shower. They are way too thoughtful. Owen and I walked back into my Grandpa's house surprised with streamers and other fun decorations. My Aunt Bonnie and Aunt Charlene made a delicious cake and my Aunt Jody and Aunt Cher must have organized the games. I was completely overwhelmed by all the love. It was way too nice of them, especially with all the other planning and birthdays going on. 

We were very surprised


Jessica the cutie


Jackson loves belly buttons :)

Aunt Jung Ah

Aunt Cher got surprisingly close, those glasses must have helped


cute presents

She was determined



My dad the bandit

I thought Aunt Cher was the winner until her husband, Uncle Kev got the closest

My well loved paper baby (Thanks Uncle Don for drawing this awesome cartoon!)

Cousin Jackson and Uncle Mike chatting it up


We took a trip to Fifer's for their amazing maple syrup

Beautiful produce
I wish I had captured more of the fun with my camera. I hope I learned my lesson in not leaving my camera behind. More updates coming soon! (Most likely a haircut).

No comments:

Post a Comment