Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy birthday to my dear little man




Happy birthday cool guy!

My dear sweet boy, I can't even begin to tell you how much you've changed my life. Nothing brings me more joy than being your mom. Your dad and I were just talking today about how you've been such a huge gift to us. We loved each other a lot before you arrived and we were so surprised to find how much more that love has grown because of you. It feels like yesterday that we were hiking up the only hill in our town to watch the fireworks at last years 4th of July celebration. I was always filled with  a deep wonder whenever I felt your little kicks in my belly. You decided to spend one more night in my tummy before making your entrance into the world at 9:26pm on July 5th. For 9 whole months we were so curious about what you would look and be like. We never could have imagined such a beautiful and special boy. Every day that we get to spend with you is such a gift to both of us. I love the way that your eyes light up and crinkle when you smile. I love doing a silly run up to your high chair and giving you endless kisses while you giggle with glee. I can't get enough of your laughter and smiles. I love when you reach your hands up high when I ask, "how big is O?" I love taking you to places, such as the grocery store, and watching as you work your magic on strangers. It's so special to see how much other people are touched by you. I hope you keep that friendly side and always make others feel welcome. God has used you in my life to be more sensitive to so many people that I don't know. Through you He has taught me that everyone else is somebody's Owen and that helps me to love people all the more. I hope that as you grow big and strong that you learn to have lots of love for people who are different than you. That you have patience and grace for those that hurt you. I know that this will be hard to understand sometimes, but I hope one day that you'll know what it's like to be a dad and to know that same feeling, that everyone is somebody's Owen. 

Here you were just 15 weeks in the tummy
No amount of books could prepare me for you.
Here I am just waiting for you to come out!

You made your dad cry he was so happy to see you finally!
So alert and so beautiful
So in love

You were pretty tuckered out.


I can't believe how little you were

Such a happy boy


You're always so good at selfies. 


"What's up mom?"
Your first Christmas!
The first time you got a cold. I made sure you had extra snuggles that day.
Just being cute and sleepy


I am so blessed by you little man. I'm excited to see how much you change and grow this year but I I'm afraid that it happens all too quickly. Grandpa Dave used to say he wanted to send you to neverland. He just can't believe how fast you're growing either. Hope you have a wonderful first birthday! I'll do my best to take lots of photos and tell you all about it someday. It will be the first time you've ever had cake. I can't wait! 
xoxoxoxoxoxooxxooxxooxoxox (x 1,000,000)
your mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment