Ira is here! We are so blessed and have loved getting to know him. He is a snuggle bug. I only have one photo of him in his bassinet because this guy loves to live right in my arms more than the other two did. I am loving it actually. He broke his collarbone on his way out of me, which I heard is common for big babies to do. He was 9lbs and 14oz, so he definitely wasn't on the small side. He healed up fast. I held him so much that first week. I want to be diligent about blogging because I know that I am going to forget how we survived this crazy time and all the sweet/funny moments our family has had.
If one of us takes all 3 anywhere we do get quite a few stares. One lady counted all three kids, "1-2-3" and then asked if they were all under 5, to which my husband said, "uh yeah, they're actually all under 3." Her eyes were pretty wide with wonder. Knowing what I know now, I laugh when I think about the times that I put my first newborn in his bassinet, brought him into the bathroom so I could shower, and frantically would check every 30 seconds to make sure he wasn't crying or bored with my needs. I wish I could've told myself to RELAX. But, you can't have the experience of three children with your first. So I'm doing my best to tell myself that now, and also to not forget to eat breakfast or lunch...![]() |
| Here he is! 2 days old |


Here he is after I changed him. Don't worry, I didn't forget and leave him up here. I was trying to capture those blue eyes. So hard to play with camera settings with a newborn and 2 little ones running around. I am so grateful that I have a camera. My dad bought me one for my college graduation years ago. It has been so handy





The main thing that I took away from this day is that coffee is still really delicious, even if you have to reheat it 20 times and totally forget that it's in the microwave.

This past month our kids spent a lot of time in the backyard. It's safer and easier than a trip to the park at this point. Owen has gotten really creative with his play because of this. Here he is being super safe on his way to buy groceries at the store.

Lyla is still working on her walking but she is very good about climbing up and down our porch stairs.
When his little sister is asleep, Owen gets to hold Ira. He LOVES to do this so I have to be extra careful that he won't look for an opportunity when mom is looking away.


Easter Sunday was eventful in the best ways. Mark is working at a church so I strategized to figure out how I would get the rest of us there on time. I wore Ira, carried Lyla, and had Owen walk with me from the car. It was fun but crazy. I've found that to be true for a lot of firsts. You think that it will be impossible but you go for it, knowing that everyone might be in tears or you will all happily adjust and everyone will know the routine. It takes at least 1 1/2 hours to make sure that everyone is in clean clothes, everyone has shoes and socks on, diaper bag is packed with diapers and water, and that I have my wits and things about me. If it's an extra lucky day, I might even have make up on! It isn't easy thinking for 4 people.
After church Baca came to visit! Owen was still asleep so Lyla got some alone time to do a little hunting for Easter eggs. I love my Weaver family easter tradition and am excited that it is now a part of our little family's traditions. Growing up, my dad used to hide our Easter basket in funny places like the oven. He got more creative as we got older and I love that he's passing this tradition down to our kids.

she's ready to hunt!



While Lyla was hunting, Owen woke up and said, "Baca is here!" His visits feel like Christmas to this kid.

Getting some grandson time while the "big kids" are hunting.

Here my dad is with his two grandsons looking in the "egg" box to see if the chickens laid any special eggs today. He got Owen pretty excited about this, but needed a little help since holding two kids and opening something is (almost) impossible.


They laid an Easter egg!


Lyla sure enjoyed Easter.

I love this picture of my dad and Ira






Owen doing his best "cheese!"

Then it came time to find the easter baskets!

Owen even got a basketball from the easter bunny!

Lyla found hers in the closet.

After all that hunting, Owen read some library books with Baca. My dad loves picking out special books from the library for Owen. Reading has been their thing.

And climbing has been Lyla's thing

One day Mark took Owen to the store while I stayed home with the youngest two. Dividing and conquering is really the way that we survive these days. I decided to let Ira have floor time and help Lyla "play" with little brother. Lyla does give Ira the sweetest little kisses.


Our littlest man is getting some much needed floor time. It's funny how easy this was with one. ;)




Lyla is getting pretty big!

Owen saw an elephant in the sky! Do you see it?

And I love the pic below. I know it's blurry but he insisted on wearing this hat. It's definitely too small for him.

And here Mark is at the park talking about the insanity of three under three. I'm glad he got a little taste of it this morning. ;)

Lyla practicing her walking!

Owen said that Murray wanted his photo taken.

Here Owen is telling me that he needs helping getting on this ride. This is why we don't go to the parks very often with only one parent.

![]() |
| "Murray is relaxing mama!" |



I love reading your blog! So fun to see and read about what you guys are up to. Praying you have strength and patience to enjoy each day with your littles :) Love ya!
ReplyDelete