Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Almost a family of five!



I can't believe it. The time has flown and also dragged on as I am anxiously waiting to meet our littlest guy. It's hard to imagine how our family of four will be changed by this sweet new little baby, but I'm sure, if he's anything like his siblings, he will definitely be a character and someone we can't live without.That's what is so funny about being a mother. I had a little bit of anxiety wondering how Owen would take to a little sister. Now I can't imagine our family without her and neither can he since he has no memory of not having her around. He asks where she is when she's sleeping and is the first to say "we better go get her!" when he hears her waking up from her nap.

Lyla has just started "talking". She says "uh-oh", "hi!", and "day-ju" which is obviously thank you. She says this whenever she hands you a toy, just to make sure that you don't forget your manners. I have been so bad about blogging the past few months but I need to do it. They are already growing so fast. Lyla can't even wear her hair down anymore. She will combine her hair with her food or her boogers, which is not pleasant for any of us.  Lyla will crawl into their bedroom if Owen is taking too long with his afternoon nap. She is so fast that I barely catch her before she's smacking him in the face to wake him up. She's not walking yet but she is definitely close.
Here he is before we cut his hair, I miss this look!

Rocking the up do.
Breakfast is hilarious when your brother sits next to you.

 Owen is fully aware of technology. I used to have a hard time finding my phone and now when I ask where it is, Owen usually "finds it" underneath a couch pillow. His favorite hiding place. He is always working hard to make sure that I have my wits about me.

Already playing the piano

Saturday mornings he loves to wait for Baca, and other mornings too


 Mark went running this morning with the kids and Owen couldn't help but notice that daddy had all the best running gear. "Dad has shoes, shorts, turkey trot shirt, and two legs!" I love when he makes his little observations. I love my husband, he's an amazing husband and daddy. He is so positive and I love hearing him play with them. He will be in big trouble as Lyla grows. She already gets away with so much and she's just barely 14 months.
 Notice that my craft corner chair is in the kitchen. I was cutting yarn yesterday and absolutely loved that I didn't have to get up to fill the kids water cups and get them snacks out of the fridge. This ikea chair is every pregnant mommy's dream.
 It was hard to capture Owen's antics this morning. He wouldn't stop for me, he had to go to work with his "basket for basketball". I so wanted to get his smile. Next time!
"see Uh later!"
And I stole these photos off of Marks' phone. They are both binky free now. We went to nugget and bought some candy with them. This was so easy and magical. Owen only asked for them for a few days after. I will miss that binky smile but I enjoy his clearer enunciation. Mark has been sneaking Lyla her binky at night. Didn't I mention that she would cause trouble earlier? Well, eventually mama will win and those binkies will all disappear.


No comments:

Post a Comment