![]() |
Not only do I feel very blessed at work but I also feel so blessed at home. My husband has been working so hard lately. He leaves the house about 6:30 every morning and doesn't get home until 7pm. This has made for super long work days but he is such a champ about it. I'm doing my best to be encouraging but I also want this poor guy to get a break, he is amazing. He was even working Saturday mornings to juggle all his music students. Luckily this is all changing soon which means we get more Mark/daddy time!
On top of his very intense 50 hour work week, Mark decided he would finish building my craft corner. He wanted to help make me a little corner of the house that was all my own. I told him I could honestly wait until October when things slowed down a bit but he was determined. He has blessed me so much with this. His sacrifice in the midst of everything else spoke so much to me about what marriage really is about. I was naive when I first got married. Sure I would be a "wonderful wife" and my husband and I would be so in love. It wasn't until I got married that I realized how selfish I can really be and how it would actually have to be me who was someone's self-sacrificing wife. (I kind of remember thinking that since marriage was so magical than obviously I would be transformed on my wedding day with a magic wand, just like Cinderella.) Honestly, the daily reminder that I can be so selfish is my least favorite part of marriage. Mark is really good at practicing being selfless which makes me really glad that he is the leader of our family, because of it were me, man oh man would we be in trouble. I'm embarrassed to tell you about the times I would go birthday shopping for Mark and find myself purchasing a really cute thing for myself, but I'm going to include it in my blog because it's hopefully a step in the right direction. I would come home with the most sheepish look on my face. Being a mom, wife, and even being a preschool teacher have all been great opportunities for me to practice being selfless. When Mark does things like carefully design a craft corner with all my desires (including yarn boxes!), painting the wall, measuring the wall, purchasing the exact wood and supplies from Ace, cutting the wood since the Ace people didn't have time, assembling the pieces, altering the pieces since the wall changes shape in some locations... I become absolutely aware of how undeservingly blessed I am. Add to how pregnant I am on top of that and you get a flood of tears. I'm humbled. Not only am I humbled mess but now I'm organized.
Here's my craft corner!
![]() |
| So many projects awaiting me |
![]() |
| 2 for $4 boxes from Michael's |
![]() |
| Craft Corner currently needs to be organized |
![]() |
| Finished blanket for newly arrived baby Logan! |
There's boxes of yarn, future boxes of fabric, sections for scrapbook paper, sections for my favorite craft books...Since my craft corner was finished so quickly I was able to finish some projects that were on my to do list and a couple little jackets that I had to make since baby girl is due so soon. By the way, we got our paint free at the local dump/recycling center. The cans are all organized on shelves in the recycling section of the place. Thanks to Mary for telling me about this! I loved the color I found and was even more excited to find that it matched the paper organizers I bought at Ikea. This was a really fun/cheap project.
Now I'm off to find ways to bless Mark back...










Mark did an excellent job on that crafts corner! It looks like it belongs in a magazine! Those jackets you made for baby girl are just darling! Missing you lots, Jenny, but I am happy to get this brief update! Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Love and miss you guys!
ReplyDelete