Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Writing letters


I confess, I've gotten lazy in friendships. I suppose this is something that everyone struggles with from time to time. I know I need to make some changes. I started by with cutting off my "easy supply" of friends. Yes, I said sayonara to my facebook for awhile, maybe forever. This is the first time that it felt good. Previously, I found myself always checking in on people without genuinely asking the question, "how are you?" Now I'm working on writing letters.  I even have had this cute book sitting on my bookshelf for a little while now.


I find myself disliking the process of writing letters, even thank you cards, (I owe quite a few since O's birthday!) mainly because I can't stand the way my penmanship looks. I will get over this. I decided to kill two birds with one stone. Why not have more intentional friendships and improve my handwriting!? It's exciting and will also probably be difficult for this mommy to accomplish but I believe in slowing life down a little bit. I want to take the time to relish in simple gifts like stationary, a smooth flowing pen, and a thoughtful friend. While ruminating on writing letters I received the little fortune in the photo above from a delicious chinese food outing in downtown Davis. Pretty magical right?

No comments:

Post a Comment