Delivery was crazy. You would think that having a baby would be the most joyous experience on earth. That there will be this heavenly room and the stork will fly in with the angels playing their harps and will hand you your little gift. In reality, it's a little vicious and overwhelming. Once that baby is out you feel like you need to eat and sleep at the same time which is impossible to do. This is actually a good experience in preparing one for motherhood, because it does get easier. Overall, Owen's journey into the world was pretty mild considering I was supposed to have an induction at 6am on July 5th. Instead I woke up around 4am with pretty strong contractions making the induction unnecessary. After Owen was born I swore off having children for awhile. I thought I would never forget that day and now it's already slipping away from my memory with every little coo and smile he sends my way.
We're finally on somewhat of a schedule. The first 2 weeks I was "on demand" feeding him. The problem with this method was that whenever he cried I thought he was demanding food, even 20 minutes after he finished eating. One night I cried because he spit up from eating too much. Owen and I are both very happy that I checked out Secrets of the Baby Whisperer from the library 2 weeks ago.
Now my little man is one month! I can't believe it. He eats every 3 hours expect for at night where he eats around 6, then 8, and then we feed him a bottle of my milk while he is still asleep at 11. Technically I'm pretty lucky that he is asleep from 8:30/9pm until 3. Once he's 6 weeks we can potentially drop a late night feeding.
Here he is just about a month ago. Juanita Cannan takes such lovely photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment