Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2 weeks until the due date

Poor teddy.
I don't know whether or not our little guy will be on time. I have a sneaking suspicion that he will take from my side of the family and arrive fashionably late, and who knows, if he takes after his Grandpa Dave he might even stop by the store on his way out and pick up some cookies for his dear mother...Just teasing you dad ;) But honestly, I've had many friends who get frustrated when their baby does not end up showing up by the due date. Frustration after 39+ weeks is understandable. Trying to avoid that frustration I have "decided" that he'll show up late. I know that I'm trying to trick myself but so far it's working. My doctor told me that she is actually hoping that he will be late so she can plan his induction when she's on the hospital schedule. I still haven't decided how I feel about that... I had my last day of work on Thursday and we finished the nursery a couple weeks before that. I also washed our first set of cloth diapers 7 times to prep them and even practiced diapering our baby's bear. (I'm surprised I haven't swaddled him yet.) Mark has been pretty amused with my antics. It's obvious that I'm getting excited for our baby to come. To pass the time I decided to make a mobile. I'm going with the nursery's current theme but I thought I'd tie in the star moon rocking chair. In this blog entry I've also included a picture of the baby's room before anything was added to it.
Baby's room before




and after

I have a very patient husband. He let's me clutter up our table.

I also made dividers for our little guy's clothes. He already has so many.

Owl hooks came in handy for my nursing cover .

And our sealed diaper bag.

The "changing table". Look at those fancy knobs that Mark added!
Very nice organization provided by these dividers from Ikea.

Owl figurines by my friend Sam and cute round box by Caitlyn.


Mobile materials.

This is hanging up high at the moment. I thought a simple twig wreath would be appropriate for the mobile.

All kinds of paper stars.

The first strand without stars.

More to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. Darling Jen!! You guys have done such a beautiful and personal labor of love on this room in prep for this new little one. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete