Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nursery in Progress

It feels so good to get things done in the baby's room. I should've taken before and after photos but basically the nursery was very disorganized. In the last blog I wrote about how we painted the white tree. Yesterday I started making leaves and owls. It was pretty easy. I had some scrapbook paper and I printed out a black and white owl that I liked from google. I sketched and altered him onto blank cardstock. I changed each owl a bit after tracing the template onto thick scrap book paper, (some owls have different shaped wings, beaks, feet...) I made 7 different owls and would've kept making more if Mark didn't stop me. I'll probably still make more since they are fun to make. They do take a little while and I like to invent personalities for each one, mostly to make Mark laugh.
The leaves were really easy. I drew four different leaf shapes, traced and cut them out, and then added white veins to match the tree. I'm so happy with the outcome. Now we just need to get a white dresser to organize the little things we have. We also have white lights in little wicker balls which will be put up in the tree later once the top branches are fixed up a bit.
Here's some photos of what we have so far!

I took over the kitchen table this morning



Herbert. (He's nice but boring.)

Howie. ( The social one.)

Frankie (she's tougher than she looks.)

We found this cute lamp at World Market

Mona Riley made this beautiful quilt.

This is the first owl I made. no name for him.

Cute "DREAM" sign we got at a local shop in downtown Davis. This owl's name is Margaret. (Marge for short)
I made piles and piles of leaves.



Crazy Eyes. (He needs a better name)

Reginald. Who is, in fact, quite pompous.
The whole gang!




No comments:

Post a Comment