I've been ruminating on how much my friendships have changed over the past 5 years. I used to believe that I was capable of being close with an innumerable amount of people, now I have difficultly counting at least ten "close friends". I'm not exactly complaining. My life has been a whirlwind of adventure and experiences. As I'm stepping into different life stages I find that other big changes come with it. I can't jump on a flight and go across the globe or even get in a car to be at my cousin's graduation today. (bummer.)
I know a lot of these feelings are most likely because I am at the tail end of pregnancy and emotions and hormones are at their peak. Other close friends have gone through this experience recently and I'm hoping to draw closer to them, even though they don't live in town. I also know that new friendships are coming.
I am so grateful for my sweet husband. Mother's day couldn't have come at a better time. Usually Mother's Day is not the happiest day for me. I haven't talked to my own mother in awhile due to family circumstances and some much needed boundaries. Mark purchased some beautiful red roses for me and crafted some home made massage coupons. I've already used 2 out of the 12. He is so creative and cute. He used my favorite silly picture of him.
Aw love that tree!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, hormones and emotions and lack of sleep are not always fun, but it is just a season :)
Love you guys and SO excited for you!!!
I love your transparency and your perspective, especially at the end of pregnancy! Feel free to connect with me anytime :)
ReplyDeleteMy daughter sent me the link to your blog.. so sorry I could not make it to your shower. Looks like you are doing great! I am so happy for you Jenny.
ReplyDeletelove,
Alicia
Jenny, you are totally right. Your friendships and relational ability will definitely change as you welcome this little one into your heart and your family. God will provide in new and probably surprising ways for you. He is good and He will do amazing things in you as you take on this new role as a mommy. I will pray for you. This time of transition will be hard. If you ever want to come and hang out, i'd love to talk more with you. Joy robbins
ReplyDelete