It has been two months since I've updated this blog. The husband and I have been balancing our schedules with job changes and Owen now being in preschool. I do miss him in the evenings but it has been nice to have him be able to go with me to take Owen to school, or even do the drop off and pick ups by himself. Owen likes having "dates with mom" and "boy time with dad". Speaking of preschool, here are some photos of Owen's first day!


I was so proud to see that he chose to use the easel the first day.
It looks like Fridays will be my blogging days. I'm looking forward to it being a regular thing so that I'm not just doing a picture dump every few months. It may sound silly but I feel so accomplished when the blog is up to date. We've kind of fallen into a routine. After naps we usually go outside to a park or for a walk/picnic somewhere, especially at the UC Davis Arboretum. It's nice to not have to drive anywhere to get to an open area to run and play. Sometimes we choose to hop in the car for a change of scene.
Dusk at the park is so magically golden. This mom even lets them be barefoot sometimes. 

![]() |
| Owen loves to play "what's missing". He's pretty good at it! |

Bouncing time!

I love their snack time chats.


Sometimes after school, we'll do family races on the front lawn. Here they are getting ready to run.




We have loved watching Boo-Fest (It's a Curious George movie). This is their best impersonation of No-Noggin.

I love their friendship
Mark has been working 7am-7pm on Fridays. One weekend I took the kids solo to Marin to go to the Bay Area Discovery Museum (Groupon has good deals) and then to have some time with Baca Dave. Today, Owen asked me what Baca's name was and I said it was, "David Paul Weaver". He said, "No! It's Baca Dave!"



![]() |
| Deep in thought in his car seat |






Ira loved the water beds in the toddler room.


Lyla thought it was a good idea to really get into the water exhibit.


So lucky to have had this in my backyard growing up. So many trips to this place when we were kids.


O loved the cave and the pirate ship!


So excited to capture some cute little crayons trick-or-treatin this weekend!


Good job Jenny! I love that you are sticking with it- I promise, you will never regret it :)
ReplyDelete