
It's hard to articulate exactly where Mark and I have been existing these past few years together. It definitely does feel like an imaginary place, as if time just keeps going while we are the same two, but also (hopefully) growing a little bit wiser with age. We feel we are just two young kids playing house. This coming Thursday is our fourth anniversary and the time has definitely flown by. We live in our sweet little home and practice our hobbies and spend happy moments with loved ones. His work schedule allows him to be home a lot of the time. I can't begin to articulate how spoiled this makes me but today I remarked that it's either like Alice's Wonderland or Peter Pan's Neverland around here. Don't get me wrong, we do have our hard days just like Alice and Peter did with chasing crazy white rabbits, growing rather large (pregnancy), or battling pirates (even if they are Mark or I). I'm not sure if it's the upcoming arrival of a new baby or the Thanksgiving/Christmas air but right now we are experiencing more of a magic time. My husband made pizza dough for our dinner tonight and baked chocolate chip nutella cookies all the while sharing a kiss with me and dancing with our son. I have finished sewing some unfinished projects and have enjoyed watching our little explorer. I can't stop thinking about how blessed I feel. Seeing Owen playing independently around the house and then suddenly deciding to snuggle on the floor with Murray his lovie, signaling to me that it is nap time. After laying him down in his crib I felt a little movement in my belly, baby girl is due any day now. It is a strange dream like state that we're in and I'm enjoying every minute of it. People used to say to us back when we were expecting Owen that we should "cherish every moment because pretty soon we wouldn't get any sleep or any quiet". I think I worried too much based on what people told me I should worry about. Yes, there were and are many surprises just like there are in those fairy tale books but there still is room for lots of magic, even in tiny little moments. Nobody emphasized how wonderful it is to be in this season of life so I want to emphasize that now.
 |
| so delicious |
 |
| Finally attached the buttons to baby girl's dress |
 |
| and finished my lap top case |
 |
| Enjoying the view |
 |
| There certainly is magic in those eyes. |
I can relate! No one told me how wonderful marriage would be! After 11 years, I still don't understand why people say marriage is hard work.
ReplyDelete