Remember that sunflower picture that was in the back of the frame that we used for the cork board? Well if you don't, it's below. Yesterday was quite a busy day, as our apartment complex used our place as a model. It was pretty fun, and I tried to act normal (so not me) as strangers toured our place. One couple asked if I painted the tree in O's room. I replied that I did with the help of my dad and Mark and that the leaves were just paper. (As if that wasn't obvious.) Anyway, back to yesterday's project. I struggled to think of some famous lyric or quote that was meaningful enough for us to frame. I came up with a lot of hilariously vague options just to tease Mark a bit. I even thought about putting something immature like, "JENNY IS THE BEST!" I ended up picking a lyric from a song that I wrote almost two years ago. (You can hear it
here) The song came from a prompt from Mark. Almost every day he gave me an envelope with a song idea in it. I ended up recording the ones I thought had some potential. Below is almost a step-by-step of what happened. Notice that I have extra sunflower print and another frame! Still brainstorming on what to put on it. (JENNY IS THE BEST?)
 |
| First I cut them evenly |
 |
| Then Mark wanted to play around with the placement so I let him. :) |
 |
| Then after measuring we put vinyl letters that were sticky down. |
 |
| Then we had a paint party on wrapping paper. |
 |
| Before it was dry we slowly peeled off the vinyl. Hooray! |
This song lyric was inspired by a complete stranger. Mark and I were on one of our dates when we were just youngins. I was 19, he was 21. We were sitting on a bench at Pioneer Park in Novato and Mark was reading poetry to me. A lady who was walking her dog came up to us and said something like, "Oh, to be young and in love. I wish my kids still did things like this with their spouses..." I immediately turned to Mark and made him promise me that no matter what happened to us that he would always be forever you and in love, even if we didn't end up together. Now that we're married, it's something that we strive for everyday.
Thanks to Nicole for this
blog and for just being awesome in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment