joy #1. Location—We no longer have to carry the laundry downstairs and basically a football field length to the laundry mat since the new laundromat is around the corner and we live in a one-story cottage. Our last place was in the way back of the complex, if it rained we had to run and groceries were part of our workout routine. The pool and the mailbox are also right behind our house now.
joy #2. The absence of a train—In our last apartment we lived right next to the de-railer. Trains would park literally on the other side of the fence and would wake us up with loud explosions as they were reconnecting the cars. The vibrations were so powerful that sometimes things would fall off of our bookshelf. It was exciting, especially at 6 in the morning but we didn't think baby Bjerke would appreciate that. Last weekend, when Mark and I woke up on Saturday morning I reached for his hand and said "do you hear that?!", and he was like, "hear what?", and I was like, "No train booms!"
joy #3. Space—We have an extra bedroom, a patio, and a hall closet! I have so many little plans with all this space. One is to turn the patio into a little romantic retreat. I'm hoping to thrift and find the perfect little table and two chairs, so Mark and I can have short escapes outside in the evenings for some summer dinner and a glass of wine. I've even planted jasmine in a pot next to our front door which will add a sweet fragrance to our little home. We can just bring the baby monitor out with us while he's sleeping or even just pop open up the window.
here's a picture of some desks and other furniture at Urban Ore.
I guess I should add this little story to my list of joys. Last saturday was pig day here in Davis, yes you read me right, "PIG DAY". People in Davis love celebrating pigs. The event involves the local farmers market where people can enjoy looking at little piglets and then find the nearest food stand and enjoy a nice juicy piece of bacon. It's a little odd in my opinion, but it is also fun to visit. I was also helping out with my preschool's booth since a lot of parents are shopping around for their children's future schooling. During all this pig commotion a woman was playing with her cute little son and I asked how old he was; she then asked me when I was due. I was so excited that she could tell. She was the first person who noticed and was bold enough to ask me my due date. I was thrilled to have a legit and noticeable pregnant belly. I told Mark when I got home, "It's real! People know I'm pregnant now! Not just some girl who really loves to eat!" (which is also true.)
Now here's some 24-week pictures of me and the belly. My lovely friend Lacy came over on Wednesday and asked to take some photos of me. She even took one of the belly. This is probably the most "revealing" photo I will ever take. Now I just need to get back to organizing and finalizing the registries, since I'm almost to the 3rd trimester and I've already started to feel that burst of energy fade. 

What fun! You are going to be a great mom :)
ReplyDelete