Thursday, January 19, 2012

Way Behind On So Much

I know. I'm way behind in updating this blog. Mark and I are expecting again! It happened rather quickly and I of course waited to post anything due to my fears of miscarrying again. This baby proved to be alive and well during my last semester of school, I spent a lot of time in the bathroom. I was actually grateful for that reassurance as frustrating as it was. Our doctor happened to be one of the parents of Mark's students. She was there for the miscarriage and has been so excited about this baby that I think we're getting more ultrasounds out of the deal. Last Thursday we had an appointment and got to see little baby Bjerke so active, sucking his/her thumb, scratching his/her head, and stretching out his/her little legs. We wish we had our own little machine so we could look in and say hello whenever we want but instead we'll just have to wait.

Our baby isn't due until June 26th and there is a blessing with that date because I am currently working as a special needs aide for a little boy with autism until the first week of June. This little guy teaches me so much about love and has changed my life already. I am so happy to be a part of his life and be someone who loves him and his family. He also has inspired me to pursue a career in helping children with special needs. I don't know exactly what this looks like yet but I am completely open to whatever God has for me. I have been nannying and teaching some piano lessons as well for a family that I absolutely adore. They have been such a gift to our life and marriage and I am so grateful for them.

I am extremely proud of my husband who has been an amazing provider and best friend. He added ten new students to his studio just in the past two weeks as well as taking his CSET and looking into being a sub for the local school system. All of the families he works with love him and keep referring him to more and more families. He has about 30 students now, which gives us a really comfortable income. He is such a great teacher and I am so sure that whatever he does he will excel at. I love being his love and friend.

We feel very blessed and are looking forward to what lies ahead. I promise to be better at updating this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment